Congress has ample power to impose taxes and grant tax relief.
Therefore, to encourage vaccination:
- Tax credits for the fully vaccinated.
- Severe tax penalties for those who are caught claiming to be vaccinated but are not. It’s now a form of tax fraud.
- Impose a special tax on states where the vaccination rate is notably low — a 1% tax on net worth above $1,000,000, to be used to pay for federal vaccination outreach programs.
Similarly, to address voter suppression:
- Tax credits for citizens in the 10 states with the highest voter turnout
- Tax penalties (again, aimed at high net worth) for the 10 states with the lowest voter turnout
- With an escape clause if they aren’t that much lower than the weighted average state
- Add extra penalties if there are racial disparities
- Separate tax credits for states with non-partisan districting for the House
Since these measures affect the budget significantly, they can be passed via reconciliation as part of the budget. If Republicans want to destroy America for partisan gain, they can pay off the national debt on their way.