Episode #213 of the Countdown podcast is up.
OnMy.FM link (which also links to his previous podcasts)
ivoox also carries his podcast.
Preview: (Keith finally posted a preview … a day late.)
- SPECIAL COMMENT: Joe Biden has still won the debt deal but now there is the chance that not only will Kevin McCarthy will lose it, but so will Joe Manchin. That putrid, unreliable, self-aggrandizing, self-inflating, fraudulent, sheep-in-sheep’s clothing Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia has managed to stick the permitting legislation for his favorite project to accelerate the end of life on the planet from catastrophic climate change, the good old Mountain Valley Natural Gas Pipeline. But Senator Tim Kaine is moving to remove the good old Mountain Valley Pipeline from the deal, since it's “completely unrelated to the debt ceiling matter” and of course it IS completely unrelated to it, and Kaine will file an amendment to get it cut the hell out of the bill.
- Because if President Biden would like to piss away the good will of averting a default that never should have been in play but Democrats in the House slept through the lame duck and Democrats in the White House apparently didn’t know about the 14th Amendment until a couple of weeks ago … and if President Biden would like to piss away the triumph of his victory over McCarthy, and if President Biden would like to piss away the early signs of a significant poll bump – Biden 46-44 in the Echelon Insights national poll, Biden 47-43 in the Clarity national poll, just out last night, and if President Biden would like to piss away all that, the way to do it is to umbrella this albatross of the Joe Manchin’s Integrity Memorial Pipeline into the Debt Deal.
- Plus: MAGA Chip Roy on the House Rules Committee is now pretending there is a secret deal for only unanimous votes to move bills like this onto the floor, and another MAGA Dusty Johnson is politely calling him a liar.
- Oh and, sorry, but the three-opponent-vanquishing hero of “Concession”, Tom Wambsgans? The show’s auteur says, no, he was NOT named after the three-opponent-vanquishing hero of baseball’s 1920 World Series, BILL Wambsganss. Sorry!
- POSTSCRIPTS TO THE NEWS: These really ARE postscripts. Not just more from the Wayback Machine but the story of how I GOT my first prestige job as a sportscaster on a top New York radio station just after my 21st birthday: the way everybody else does — by hanging around that station at 5:15 in the morning the day their sportscaster happens to call out sick.
- THINGS I PROMISED NOT TO TELL: Given today’s headline, this is a good time to revisit the very FIRST Special Comment in this series: It involved fossil fuels, Joe Manchin, and the need to push Biden at all times. Also, a bad Howard Beale impression.
That’s all the damage for now. Good morning, good afternoon, good night, and good luck!
EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY