Anyway, we’ll also note that Bruce Westerman is regarded as a climate change denier, especially given this quote:
"Climate change happens. The question is, what causes it to happen? You have natural vents… Forest fires put millions of tons of carbon into the air every year. Volcanic eruptions put millions of tons of carbon in the air. And when it happens, it's minute changes. So, you can't deny the fact that climate change happens. The question is, what causes climate change to happen?… It's a very complicated subject you hear talked about a lot in platitudes, and not as much in details of science."
His recent voting record:
- December 18th, 2019: Rep. Westerman ignores his Congressional duty to hold a president who has been proven to commit high crimes and misdemeanors accountable and votes against the first impeachment of Donald Trump.
- December 10th, 2020: Westerman signs his name to an amicus brief to the Supreme Court, begging them to overturn the results of the 2020 election. The same election that he won re-election in.
- January 6th, 2021: Bruce Westerman votes for the objection to the electoral college’s votes in the 2020 election, a failure to send any sort of message that he wasn’t intimidated or sympathetic to those who attacked the Capitol to attempt a violent coup.
- January 13th, 2021: Rep. Westerman votes against the second impeachment of Donald Trump, excusing his failed coup attempt.
- March 3rd, 2021: Rep. Westerman votes against HR 1, a bill created to prevent the corruption of money in politics, and protect voter access to the ballot box.
- March 10th, 2021: Westerman votes against the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, because he feels people deserve to die in poverty during a pandemic.
- May 19th, 2021: Rep. Westerman votes against HR 3233, the creation of a commission to investigate the Capitol Attack.
- November 5th, 2021: Bruce Westerman votes against HR 3684, the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- May 18th, 2022: Bruce Westerman is one of 192 Republicans who vote against HR 7790, to create supplemental funding for infant formula (while claiming to be pro- life).
- May 18th, 2022: Rep. Westerman votes against HR 350, the Domestic Violence Prevention Act, because these days, a plank of the Republican Party is ostensibly domestic terror.
- May 19th, 2022: Westerman votes against HR 7688, a bill which would help prevent gas companies from gouging customers on prices.
- July 15th, 2022: Bruce Westerman votes against House Amendment 262, which would require the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, and Secretary of Defense to publish a report on the infiltration of American law enforcement by Neo-Nazis and white supremacists, offer measures to be taken to remove them from their ranks, and prevent further infiltration by others.
- July 13th, 2022: Westerman votes against the Honoring Our PACT Act, to provide healthcare to veterans affected by toxic burn pits while serving in the War on Terror that leave them more susceptible to forms of cancer.
- July 21st, 2022: Westerman is one of 195 Republicans who vote against the Right to Contraception Act, which codified the right of Americans to have access to birth control.
- September 29th, 2022: Westerman is one of 49 Republicans who vote against HR 8888, the Food Security for All Veterans Act.
- December 6th, 2022: Westerman, embracing the GOP’s white nationalist, anti-immigrant sentiment votes against HR 7946, which was meant to honor the promise to grant citizenship to immigrants who served in the United States Armed Forces.
Based on Westerman’s support of “The Big Lie” by signing on to the Supreme Court challenge to Joe Biden’s victory, and his failure to certify the votes thereafter, we’re hoping when the GOP attempts another coup after the 2024 elections that Bruce Westerman runs back into a lavatory with the nearest melee weapon he can find, and this time, flushes himself down the commode to never be seen again. An utter waste of a seat in Congress.
One Year Ago, May 29th, 2022: Bruce Westerman (AR)… Original Profile
Two Years Ago, May 29th, 2021: Scott Stone (NC)
Three Years Ago, May 29th, 2020: Jamie Byers (CA)
Four Years Ago, May 29th, 2019: Cliff Hite (OH)
Five Years Ago, May 29th, 2018: Rodney Frelinghuysen (NJ)… 2018 Update
Six Years Ago, May 29th, 2017: Rodney Frelinghuysen (NJ)… Original Profile
Seven Years Ago, May 29th, 2016: Spencer Bachus (AL)
Eight Years Ago, May 29th, 2015: Jay Townsend (NY)