Tomorrow (today in HK time) people of Hong Kong will have an opportunity to voice their opposition to Beijing's hold on Hong Kong's politics by participating in this city-wide by-election of the city's legislative council.
We all well know how important it is that votes be counted fairly and accurately. We also know that we cannot trust the machines and that recount is necessary in close races?
Recommended by acnetj
- William R. Polk [William R. Polkhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_R._Polk] is a long-time political consultant on foreign policy dating back to the days of John F. Kennedy when he served on ...321 comments 307 Recs
- Over the past few days there has been much Criticism of the US TV coverage of the Olympics, and this has been noted over in the UK. Im not in a position to say wether this is justified or not, ...223 comments 177 Recs
- There's a basic, historical misunderstanding at the root of modern Republican philosophy. A little fact that seems to get overlooked. It's not their insistence that the road to fascism begins with ...267 comments 333 Recs
- The luminaries at Red State have once again managed to confound expectations by actually taking on the aspects and intellectual acumen of the term I've always thought best described their demeanor, ...18 comments 17 Recs
- Alan Hale thinks being drunk is a way of life. TEA party legislator yesterday made an impassioned speech on the floor of the Montana statehouse for the elimination of all DUI laws.105 comments 67 Recs
- We asked our pollster, Public Policy Polling, to test the waters in all eight Republican-held state Senate districts in Wisconsin which are currently the target of recall efforts. PPP went into the ...225 comments 79 Recs
- Please inform as many people as you can about the following. The "Patriot Action Network" is planning to infiltrate union rallies across the country (and really hope Kos sees this.)301 comments 488 Recs
- I know that many folks on this site may disagree with my suggestion in this diary, but I have to say it! As an ardent Obama supporter, about the only thing that I have been dissapointed with the ...174 comments 16 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.