The Arkansas House voted 56-33-1 to override Gov. Beebe's veto of SB134. The new law requires a state-mandated ultrasound to detect a heartbeat before an abortion can be performed. If a heartbeat is detected (typically 12 weeks), the doctor cannot perform an abortion. This is the central battlefield of the War on Women.
A new bill has just made it out of Senate committee in Arkansas, putting a new twist on a state-mandated (although medically unnecessary) transvaginal ultrasound. Max Brantley from the Arkansas Times Reports:
Jake Burris, the campaign manager for Arkansas 3rd District Democratic congressional candidate Ken Aden found his cat killed and defaced with "LIBERAL" markings yesterday.
More information and the press release are available here: http://www.arktimes.com/...
The original post, (TRIGGER WARNING, complete with a picture of the cat) is here: http://bluearkansasblog.com/...
A few weeks ago AxmxZ posted an Obama beaded pendant AxmxZ had made. In the comments, I suggested it be put on etsy.com for sale. I was so excited to see it as I have been working on my own Obama crafts in the wee hours of the night when one can't be calling for Neighbor to Neighbor or walking communities.
I recently had my first experience wearing an Obama craft in public, taking my Obama CHANGE purse to Kroger. In this super republican county in Arkansas, the ladies at the deli counter were winking at me! One even called me darlin'. Then the lady at the cash register winked at me! I was afraid I would ruffle some feathers or even accidentally offend people, but it was just the opposite. This is the first time I've "advertised" for a candidate. I didn't realize until recently it is a sign of trust...and can even help bolster people on the fence.
I just received an email from my super red-state cousin. (They named their dog Reagan.) I would like the community's help in writing my response.
The former Nebraska Governor and Senator Bob Kerrey is not running for a 2008 Senate seat being vacated by Chuck Hagel. Kerrey and his family have decided to stay in New York City where he is the President of the New School University (home of the Bravo show "Inside The Actors Studio"). The Lincoln Journal-Star bring us this news:
I am sorry to report to all of those Scott Kleeb supporters and swooners out there that he will soon no longer be that "Hot Single Cowboy Democrat from Nebraska".
Scott Kleeb ran for the 3rd District Representative from Nebraska in 2004 and lost to Adrian Smith. The margin of victory was very close. The Kearney Hub is reporting that he is engaged to Jane Fleming, executive director of Young Democrats of America.
That made me wonder if there were any Dem congressional candidates running and raising money in my district (NE-01). Well I found her and her name is Maxine Moul, former Lt. Govenor of Nebraska.
BUSHGAME is the struggle of Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, and an obese HE-MAN to defeat Bush I & II, Cheney, an army of pigs, and Halliburton's newest acquisition: VOLTRON. Throughout the game, new characters are unlocked. One of these new characters is Howard Dean. He throws ninja stars like a pro, and can readily defeat opponents with his scream.
Recommended by hornrimsylvia
- You probably don't want to hear this but California is using water left from fracking to water cropsYes, it's the waste water left over from fracking. The fracking liquid that contains chemicals we don't know about. This is the kind of idiocy posing as one solution to the California man-...120 comments 176 Recs
- 96 comments 46 Recs
- Today's newfangled nukes have the various features and whatnot. You know, maybe Republican politicians just shouldn'91 comments 62 Recs
- (Click to enlarge) For background, see this article. Follow Jen on Twitter ...22 comments 79 Recs
- Leslie Rutledge Arkansas Republican attorney general candidate Leslie Rutledge's voter registration status remains up in the air—and that means her candidacy is up in the air, too. The Pulaski ...19 comments 30 Recs
- An Arkansas county clerk's office has found a case of voter fraud ...184 comments 314 Recs
- Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor has a powerful new ad highlighting his Republican opponent's vote against the Violence Against Women Act. The ad hits Rep. Tom Cotton hard—deservedly so—but the tone, ...20 comments 36 Recs
- Rep. Tom Cotton (R-AR), self-righteous purveyor of fantasy histories. Arkansas Republican Senate nominee Rep. Tom Cotton'...59 comments 61 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Mark Begich Leading Off : • AK-Sen, Gov : On Tuesday, PPP took a look at the Senate and gubernatorial contests in Alaska and Arkansas and found ...58 comments 15 Recs
- Want the scoop on hot races around the country? Get the digest emailed to you each weekday morning. Sign up here . Leading Off : • AR-...26 comments 17 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.