In 2008, progressives had the choice between a “moderately-progressive” Barack Obama and a moderately conservative Hillary Clinton. Obviously, we made the right decision—but what about now? I’m auguring that Hillary is our best and only chance to win in 2016. Here’s why:
1. O’malley doesn’t have enough “it-factor” to inspire our part-time voters to go to the polls. However, I hope he’s selected for the V.P.
2. Elizabeth Warren would be a breath of fresh-air for progressives but her niche is too small for the general. She’s more wonkish than inspirational which plays well here, but her rhetoric is not strong enough win it all.
3. Hillary has Bill and Bill still has a 68% approval rating. This is important for the white folks who love progressive policies but couldn’t stomach the black dude.
4. Warren doesn’t do enough to inspire minorities and is too easy to typecast. Ask me how I know. I was a major state-wide player for Souls-to-the-polls in 2008 and 2012 and the minority community is underwhelmed with her diversity record. She’s not tight with the minority caucuses and Wall-street Reform is like #26 on the list of national priorities. She’ll learn to broaden her platform and be more ready next time.
5. Hillary won’t destroy Obamacare; any con will.
6. Hillary won’t sign tax-breaks for the wealthy.
7. Hillary and yes, Bill will keep the economy moving in a progressive direction.
8. Hillary will deliver more for progressives now than ever because she tasted the wrath of an angry left last time. Warren is not as progressive as we think and Hillary is becoming more progressive by the nano-second.
Is it real?
Do I care?
Not as long as she does what she says.
9. Hillary already has the name recognition and just needs to run a smart campaign. For everyone else, that’s a tall order.
10. Hillary can raise enough money to buy a small country. As much as I can stand this, we need Hill's cash to insulate all democrats from the certain billions (with a “B”) that these Koch-heads will spend.
Now, I know many others might prefer O’malley or Warren, but I’m about winning! They can’t win—plain and simple. Hillary gets 48% of the vote—strictly on name ID.
These are my thoughts, I respectfully would like to hear yours.