BP LMRP Liveblog Mothership: Day Eleven (the number of days of liveblogging, not the number of days since the catastrophe started)
The current ROV DIARY: here.
- Let's keep this a meta diary. To volunteer to host a liveblog submersible (ROV), leave a comment here.
- For commenting on the Top Kill/Junk Shot attempt, please go to the current ROV DIARY: here.
- Please rec this mothership diary, not the ROVs.
- Please be kind to fellow kossacks who may have limited bandwidth and refrain from posting images or videos.
PLEASE visit Crashing Vor's diary to find out how you can help the Gulf now and in the future. We don't have to be idle! And thanks to Crashing Vor for working on this!
To repeat: please refrain from commenting in this mothership diary, unless you're volunteering for a submersible shift.
Kossak Sillia gives a concise explanation of the mothership and liveblog:
This diary, that is, the mothership, forms the hub from which you can reach the other diaries. Or, think of it as a table of contents in the front page of a book. You use this diary to find a link to the latest discussions. You can also find links here to past discussions (previous diaries) if you wanted to read them.
The actual liveblog diaries (in this case playfully referred to as a 'submersible' or ROV) is where the discussion is--once one of these gets so long that its size is cumbersome, they start a new one. So if you wanted to join in to the most current discussion, you'd click the most recent link. But they leave the links there so that people can still go back and read the older ones if they wish.
The reason for this setup is that it prevents the recommended list from being filled up with many diaries on the same topic. Instead just the mothership will appear on the rec list where everybody can find it, which they can use to navigate to the latest discussion. (That's why we are asked to "rec" the mothership but not the other diaries, just reduces confusion.)
I hope this is sort of what you were wanting to know...
The best multi-view feed
BP Video Feed
CNN multi camera view
PBS This PBS feed is security compliant.
BP videos - Links to all available live feeds from BP
WKRG - Mobile/Pensacola (contains link for an iPhone app at the bottom)
A multi-view with feeds from BP, C-SPAN-2, WKRG, and PBS
Vote For America's awesome clickable multi-view
Courtesy of Whitis, here are two additional video links:
Links, courtesy of several Kossacks
- Visualize the spill
- h/t dov12348's recommended links
- The Oil Drum
- Oil & Gas Journal
- Offshore Magazine
- Petroleum News
- Your Oil and Gas News
- World Oil
- Administration response to spill.
- Donate to SkyTruth here. SkyTruth helps environmental NGOs use remote sensing (pictures taken from space) and digital mapping to improve their scientific credibility, conservation decisionmaking, communications and public outreach.
- Images of the Oilpacalypse, from Tomtech.
- Visit the Oil Spill Crisis Map to see where oil, mousse, tar balls, and eau de crude have been reported on the Gulf coast.
- The BP Deepwater Horizon Unified Command official website. Wherein you can read latest post warning of employment scams associated with the event and much more from the folks handling this.
- Timeline of response here.
- Timeline of the Event from April 20th being maintained by blogroots.
- Department of Energy BP Deepwater Horizon Spill site updates.
- Bit Tooth Energy blog (technical discussions) by the famed Heading Out, well known key poster on The Oil Drum blog site.
- Department of Interior BP Deepwater Horizon Response site provides updates, reports, data, links to pictures, etc.
- Rigzone for specific disaster news and news about the offshore industry, in general.
- BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Quantitative Data - from whitis
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 62 - whitis
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 61 - Lusty
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 60 - Tomtech
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 59 - Pam LaPier
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 58 - RhymesWithUrple
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 57 - Detroit Mark
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 56 - Yasuragi
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 55 - Groucho Marxist
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 54 - khowell
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 53 - Yasuragi
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 52 - hester
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 51 - Tomtech
BP Oilpocalypse Liveblog ROV 50 - peraspera
BP Liveblog ROV 49 - middleagedhousewife
BP Liveblog ROV 48 - politik
BP Liveblog ROV 47 - Lusty
BP Liveblog ROV 46 - Pam LaPier
BP Liveblog ROV 45 - khowell
BP Liveblog ROV 44 - Pakalolo
BP Liveblog ROV 43 - Tomtech
BP Liveblog ROV 42 - Garrett
BP Liveblog ROV 41 - Yasuragi
BP Liveblog ROV 40 - hester
BP Liveblog ROV 39 - OpMama
BP Liveblog ROV 38 - Tomtech
BP Liveblog ROV 37 - khowell
BP Liveblog ROV 36 - splashy
BP Liveblog ROV 35 - conchita
BP Liveblog ROV 34 - OpMama
BP Liveblog ROV 33 - yawnimawke
BP Liveblog ROV 32 - Pam LaPier
BP Liveblog ROV 31 - splashy
BP Liveblog ROV 30 - nika7k
BP Liveblog ROV 29 - khowell
BP Liveblog ROV 28 - Tomtech
BP Liveblog ROV 27 - Yasuragi
BP Liveblog ROV 26 - Alkalinesky
BP Liveblog ROV 25 - Tomtech
BP Liveblog ROV 24 - hester
BP Liveblog ROV 23 - nika7k
BP Top Kill Liveblog ROV 22 - papicek
BP Top Kill Liveblog ROV 21 - weatherdude
BP Top Kill Liveblog ROV 20 - joanneleon
BP Top Kill Liveblog ROV 19 - nika7k
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 18 - yawnimawke
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 17 - weatherdude
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 16 - politik
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 15 - RhymesWithUrple
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 14 - johnsonwax
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 13 - Middleagedhousewife
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 12 - nika7k
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 11 - Overseas
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 10 - conchita
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 9 - khowell
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 8 - Garrett
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 7 - miep
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 6 - Alkalinesky
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 5 - Liveblog
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 4 - Garrett
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 3 - sc kitty
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 2 - conchita
BP Top Kill LiveBlog ROV 1 - khowell
Top Kill has begun! - Tomtech