Ask yourself, Was this past Wednesday's turnout at "Cock-fil-A" a huge success for Mike Huckabee and the religious bigots? Or was it really just a Pyrrhic Victory? (After Jon Stewart's bit last nite it'll forever be "Cock-fil-A" for me. See BruinKid's diary.) Mike Huckabee's call of support for "Cock-fil-A" yesterday may have caused traffic problems around the country, but it also showed just how strong the LGBT bigotry is in this country. Is that what Huckabee really wanted to do? Expose the large number of bigots?
We know it wasn't about the 1st Amendment,some of the same groups who supported "Cock-fil-A" cried foul when JC Penny stood behind their choice of Ellen DeGeneres as their spokesperson. It was a chance for all the LGBT bigots to come out in the open under the guise of supporting Dan Cathy's right to make his bigoted comments. How many of them have stopped shopping at JC Penny because of Ellen?
As Jon Stewart pointed out last night, the majority of Americans support the right of anyone to marry whomever they want. And it's going to happen regardless of what the Mike Huckabees of the world think, say or do. So with that as the inevitable outcome. I would call Wednesday's large turnout at the "Cock-fil-A's" around the country, a Pyrrhic Victory.
On with the games!!
Mojo Friday Guidelines
1) If you comment you have to recommend all comments. (in order to receive mojo you have to give mojo. It's only good mojo manners.)
2) Everything you say may be taken as a joke (so if you ask a question, expect a silly answer)
3) You must recommend the diary (and pimp it unapologetically)
4) You don't have to comment to recommend.
5) You can't steal my idea (right, like that ain't goin' to happen)
6) Please, no pictures or YouTubes until after 300 comments. Now, after 300, use a little common courtesy and be responsible in the number.
7) Mojo mojo mojo mojo, mojo mojo mojo.
8) TexDem (that's me) is not bound by the guidelines. Heh
Mojo Friday Goals
A. At least 300 different commenters and 1000 comments by 1:30 PM EST and 1500 by 5:00 PM EST Friday Night that it's posted.
B. 100 recommends for each comment, at least.
C. Stay on Recommend List at least five hours (this requires some strategic planning by you guys, refer to guideline #3)
D. At least 200 diary recommends. 300 would be better, spread the word.
E. And always, fun fun fun.
G. (New) Have at least 30 kossacks over 90% participation (see here for some tips).
H. Overload the servers with recommends, not to mention dominate Top Comments Mojo list. (we do tend to mess with the site with all of our recommends at one time)(also, to dominate the Top Comments Top Mojo we need at least 50 comments with over 200 recommends, see guideline B)
I. That's enough for now. (Have a suggestion? Post it.)
MKinTN posted a diary to help everyone achieve greater success called How to Succeed at Mojo Friday Without Really Trying.
For those of you new to MF (Mojo Friday) we have our own lingo about a few things. Thank's to MF'er Jez (the link will explain) go to this diary for a little more fun and explanation. Official Mojo Friday Snecktionary.