EVERYONE is welcome and please join us each morning at 7:30 AM PACIFIC
to tell us what you're working on, share your show & tell, vent, whatever you want...
...this is an open thread. Nothing is off topic.
Do you know whose Whose %$&*@ sig lines these are?
Kos is considering getting rid of all of our sig lines. I hope he doesn't. They have many uses, among which is a venue for new users to differentiate themselves right off the bat. Toying around with my sig line was one of the things I first enjoyed as a new user.
Note: to anyone thinking of joining DKOS as a new user, once you sign up you get to choose a sig line. It can be something that defines you, something that strikes you as amusing, or can be linked to an action you're working on.I enjoy reading sig lines and then mentally noting later whether the user's comments are in synch with the sig line. I'm not sure how many other kossacks do that. In fact, I'm not sure how many even pay attention to sig lines, but I know some of youse do. In any case, we still have them for now. So put on your whiz kid cap and let's see how good you are at identifying them.
Don't tell me what you believe, show me what you do and I will tell you what you believe.Everyone knows that one. It must be the most well-known one on the site next to the one Kos has, " ."
The one below may not be quite as well known, but it has a couple of dead give-aways in it. If you look closely you'll see coffee stains and telltale signs of spinning on it....
Follow * New Day * for Kossack event info :: Native American NetrootsNo clues are offered on the remainder chosen from across the site, except to say that they belong to users who at least post enough for me to be familiar with their sig lines. Amma hoping that everyone will recognize at least one....
1. "Throwing a knuckleball for a strike is like throwing a butterfly with hiccups across the street into your neighbor's mailbox." -- Willie StargellThe last two below are really unfair cheats on my part, but I couldn't resist (Please note that Meteor Blades is NO LONGER the moderator).
2. Justic is a commodity.
3. Regulate banks, not vaginas
4. Maya Angelou: "Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."
5, No longer Hoping for Change. Now Praying for a Miracle.
6. nosotros no somos estúpidos
7. look for my eSci diary series Thursday evening.
8. "Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." Arundhati Roy
9. -1.63/ -1.49 "Speaking truth to power" (with snark of course)!
10. The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers
11. shake well
12. I don't mind if you're straight. Just don't flaunt it in public.
13. Calling other DKos members "weenies" is a personal insult and therefore against site rules.
14. Not Your Average American
15. Daily Kos an oasis of truth. Truth that leads to action.
16. "If you're going through hell - keep going!" -- Winston Churchill
17. "We didn't set out to save the world; we set out to wonder how other people are doing and to reflect on how our actions affect other people's hearts." - Pema Chodron
18. I sing praises in the church of nonsense, but in my heart I'm still an atheist, demanding sense of all things.
19. Il s'agit d'une ligne de signature imaginaire
20. MehGive it a shot. See if you can match one or more of #1-21 above to a username.
21. Despite his abject failure to be perfect, Meteor Blades appears to be doing an outstanding job as moderator.
Latest Updates on Kossack Regional Meet-Up News Below the New Day sunrise cloud
Let's build communities!
Every region needs a meatspace community like SFKossacks.
We take care of each other in real life.
I urge YOU to take the lead and organize one in your region.
Please tell us about it if you do and we're here for advice.
THINK GLOBALLY, ACT LOCALLY
NEW GROUPS IN THE PROCESS OF ORGANIZING:These are the groups that have started since * NEW DAY * began. Please Kosmail navajo if you have started a group before that.
Send a Kosmail to the organizers and ask for an invitation to the group.• Northern Indiana Area: Kosmail Tim Delaney
• Long Island: Kosmail grannycarol
• Northern Michigan: Kosmail JillS
• Nebraska: Kosmail Nebraska68847Dem
• Westburbia Chicago Kossacks: Kosmail Majordomo
• New York Hudson Valley Kossacks: Kosmail boran2
• North Carolina Triangle Kossacks: Kosmail highacidity
• Caprock Kossacks (Panhandle/Caprock/Lubbock/Amarillo area) : Kosmail shesaid
• West Texas Kossacks (including Big Bend Region and El Paso) : Kosmail Yo BubbaNote to the above new leaders: Feel free to leave a comment any day reminding readers about your new group. Also, tell us about your progress in gathering members. Kosmail me when you've chosen a good name for your group and have created a the group. Then I'll move you to the NEW GROUPS LIST. When you've planned a date for your first event I'll make a banner for you to highlight your event in our diaries and your diaries.
NEW GROUPS LIST:
• Kansas City Kossacks - Formed Oct 15, 2012, Organizer: [Founder stepped down]
ESTABLISHED GROUPS LIST: (List will grow as we discover them)
Saturday, August 3rd
SFKossacks "Bike the Math" Action at the Chevron Refinery
TIME: 10:00 AM
LOCATION: Richmond BART station
Edge of the Plaza on the west side (turn right after exiting ticket gates) • Richmond
ORGANIZER: Send citisven a kosmail for more info, otherwise just show up. We'll be accompanying the marchers back and forth on their way from BART to Chevron (about 3 miles) until we get to the refinery gates.
2. Glen The Plumber
4. navajo (I'll be marching with Idle No More)
5. remembrance (marching)
Sunday, August 4th
SFKossacks Meet BeadLady and the Okiciyap Quilt!
TIME: 1:00 PM
LOCATION: Saul's Restaurant & Delicatessen
1475 Shattuck Ave (at Vine) • Berkeley
ORGANIZER: Send navajo a kosmail to attend.
7. side pocket
8. Pam from Calif
9. Pam from Calif's Mom
13. Glen The Plumber
Sunday, August 4th
NYC Kossacks Meet-up
LOCATION: Spitzer's Corner
101 Rivington Street (Ludlow) • NYC
ORGANIZER: Send Sidnora a kosmail to RSVP.
Latest diary: NYC Meetup: Beat the Dog Days, Next Sunday, 8/4!!
3. belinda ridgewood
6. Its the Supreme Court Stupid
7. blue jersey mom
13. No Exit
15. Design the Future
Sunday, August 11th
Nashville KosKats Meet-up
TIME: 1:00 PM
[Address] • Nashville
ORGANIZER: Send ZenTrainer a kosmail to attend.
Latest diary: Nashville KosKats Meet-Up
1. peregrine kate
3. Land of Enchantment
5. Patrick is Lucky
Sandy on Signal
SFKossacks BBQ in the Wine Country
LOCATION: Andrew McGuire's home in the Wine Country
Address to be given privately to RSVPs • Windsor
1. Andrew McGuire
6. Hunter/elfling offspring
14. Mr. dksbook
17. side pocket
18. Mrs. side pocket
20. ceebee7's sister
Glen The Plumber
Send navajo a kosmail if you post a diary about an event so we can update our round-up.
Okay. Floor's open.
Tell us what you are doing on this NEW DAY?