There seems to be a pervasive sense that we have already attained victory in the Virginia contests to be decided next week. There are many who are already analyzing Cuccinelli's "defeat" or why he "lost".
Well, I got news for you folks:
He ain't lost anything yet. Take a gander here:
Quinnipiac has the race at FOUR POINTS. And you KNOW the Teabaggers will be out to vote. So let me make a kind request of many of you:
Stop spiking the football. We haven't scored the touchdown yet!
1. Have you given money to the Democratic candidates?
2. Are you phone banking for Terry and the rest of the Democratic ticket?
3. If you are in Virginia, are you canvassing?
4. If you are in Virginia have you voted early?
5. If you are in Virginia, have you persuaded other Democrats to come out and vote?
We have NOTHING in the bag yet. The election of the Republicans, especially the terrifying fundamentalist authoritarian Ken Cuccinelli, would be a tragedy for Virginia.
We MUST prevail. So keep working! Keep campaigning!
Complacency is our enemy. GET OUT THE VOTE!!!
And let's get the ROUT of the Republicans underway.
4:37 PM PT: UPDATE: Here's where you can donate:
Terry McAuliffe: http://terrymcauliffe.com/
Ralph Northam: http://www.northamforlg.com/
Mark Herring: http://www.herringforag.com/
Virginia Democrats: http://www.vademocrats.org/
Act Blue: https://secure.actblue.com/