UPDATE 12:52 PM PT: Here are some other comments that people placed on the Facebook thread:
You think ACORN contributed to voter fraud and gave the White House to Obama.___
You think electing Raul Labrador to congress will win your party the Hispanic vote.
In societal terms, I believe racism is institutionalized if special privileges are granted to particular groups based on their race or cultural identity.
You are oblivious to "white privilege".
You have to build your own compound in North Idaho because the rest of North Idaho is not "White" enough for you.
You still insist president Obama is from Kenya.
You still refer to Mexicans as beeners.
You think racism is a thing of the past OR that any brown person who objects to your lovely unkind generalization about brown people is themselves racist against white people -- because unfortunately you are not sure what racism is.
A friend of mine posted the phrase:
"You might be a racist if ...." in her Facebook status.
She received several interesting responses.
Below are some of them:
1) You begin your sentence with "I'm not a racist, but..."
2) You indicate "some of my best friends are . . ."
3) If your DNA test results comeback showing you are 14% Sub-Saharan African...
WATCH: White Supremacist's DNA Results Reveal He Is 14 Percent Black
4) You own a confederate flag and try to explain "southern pride"?
5) You describe a person by their race. The "Mexican guy" I work with or the "black chick" down the hall. Drives me nuts.
6) ... that is so funny because I always say the person with the black curly hair over their and folks look at me crazy. If I said, "see that white chick over there" then they would look at me crazy too. Duh! Hooray for matching pet peeves.
7) Here is my personal fav, you say you aren't racist but if you see someone of color walking down the street you change your trajectory or lock your belongings up.
8) Think we were better off with George W Bush.
9) You say "I don't see race"
10) ...if...you're sure you're not!
11) Call a coworker "our cute little brown girl" in the office (which recently happened to me).
12) You continually say "I hate rap and hip hop. It's not music."
13) I added: You become excessively combative and defensive at the mere mention of racism.
14) To which I received the response: Right. "I'm not a racist. THEY'RE the racists."
15) You see the world in terms of pigment, instead of culture. If you tip toe or are hypersensitive to the ethnic or cultural diversity.
16) I find some cultures disgusting. Am I a racist?
Comments are coming in as I write this, so check back soon for updates.
UPDATE: 9:28 a.m. MST
17) I added: You have absolutely no problem with certain types of people living on "your block".
And please add your thoughts.