I checked my calendar about an hour ago and discovered we had a blank space where a Top Comments diarist should have been listed! So, here I am, ready to 'splain why I hadn't looked at the calendar earlier! Follow me below the
dingledoodle squigglie dKosagnocchi dividerthingie fold after a word from our sponsor...
Here at Top Comments we strive to nourish community by rounding up some of the site's best, funniest, most mojo'd & most informative commentary, and we depend on your help!! If you see a comment by another Kossack that deserves wider recognition, please send it either to topcomments at gmail or to the Top Comments group mailbox by 9:30pm Eastern. Please please please include a few words about why you sent it in as well as your user name (even if you think we know it already :-)), so we can credit you with the find!
This past week has been school vacation week for the kids, and it was a nice, relaxing week. Mr. Brillig had to work all but Thursday, so this weekend we made sure to carve out some good quality family time. Today was, for all intents and purposes, just an ordinary day...
We got up, grabbed beverages at the local coffee place and headed to church. K1 works in the nursery there, and today was a wonderful service. We went grocery shopping so that eveyrone could get the back-to-school-lunchtime snacks of their choice.
Got home and made grilled cheese sandwiches with the homemade bread Mr. Brillig makes; he is trying out a new brand of bread flour so we were the test loaf guinea pigs :). After watching the next episode on netflix of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Invisible Girl weirdness!) we settled in to play another game of Carcassonne, which we're just starting to get the hang of. Things I have learned so far is that even half-built cities are useful, farmers are grossly underrappreciated, and my expansion set pig did me NO good at all and I'm turning into bacon! :)
Tacos for dinner and K1 was off to church youth group while K2 practiced his cello for Tuesday's music show. At which point I checked my calendar, and... well. Here we are.
I'd like to be sorry that I didn't check earlier, but... it was a good day. A perfectly ordinary day, the kind where nothing special happens but that's what makes it special.
I hope each and every one of you get these kind of days sometimes, too.
Brillig's ObDisclaimer: The decision to publish each nomination lies with the evening's Diarist and/or Comment Formatter. My evenings at the helm, I try reeeeallllyy hard to publish everything without regard to content. I really do, even when I disagree personally with any given nomination. "TopCommentness" lies in the eyes of the nominator and of you, the reader - I leave the decision to you. I do not publish self-nominations (ie your own comments) and if I ruled the world, we'd all build community, supporting and uplifting instead of tearing our fellow Kossacks down.
From Dave in Northridge:sailboatslave explains Republican hypocrisy very succinctly in Ian Reifowitz's diary about Republican racism.
From a2nite:Here is a comment full of facts. Discussions concerning guns is often contentious but this one by Sharon Wraight is good
Top Mojo for yesterday, April 26th, first comments and tip jars excluded. Thank you mik for the mojo magic! For those of you interested in How Top Mojo Works, please see his diary FAQing Top Mojo.
1) "Terrorists" is the correct description by MargaretPOA — 131
2) And yet by elmo — 102
3) Good catch. Is this the by Calvino Partigiani — 96
4) domestic terrorists by MartyM — 95
5) Or, "Punk-ass fools playing Army." by David54 — 82
6) He's also been the subject of a discrimination by zenbassoon — 78
7) Good memory. Indeed they are... by here4tehbeer — 77
8) Talking turkey, in Cliven Bundy fashion by radarlady — 73
9) Amen by nancyjones — 72
10) I posted a diary by Kristina40 — 69
11) Just incredible . . . by livosh1 — 66
12) Militias operate for a government by nominalize — 65
13) If it can help regain the House... by JeffW — 62
14) Thank god Reid didn't back down on that comment. by nailbender — 61
15) hey opol, thanks for the update... by joe shikspack — 58
16) YES! by occupystephanie — 58
17) the Heartland Institute wants the US stupid enough by nailbender — 56
18) LOL!!!!! by kishik — 55
19) Wow by theKgirls — 55
20) And is she still his girlfriend? by Vita Brevis — 55
21) wait til his heirs face probate by entlord — 54
22) If you don't live in L.A. -- you have NO idea by TopCat — 53
23) That is not feasible; many of us work for by a2nite — 53
24) Carlin's estate should sue Heartland Institute by Ohiodem1 — 51
25) Well, I know something about "The Rancher": by commonmass — 51
26) How dumb is Heartland? by thenekkidtruth — 51
27) Just dawned on me LaFeminista by Pescadero Bill — 50
28) There should be ads by AnnetteK — 49
29) My favorite by Lefty Coaster — 49
30) slavery was and is an abomination by LaFeminista — 47
Top Pictures for yesterday, April 26th... well, the Picture Quilt gives me a blank page when I run it, so apparently it took the day off to relax, too! I'll do what I can to get it up but please, don't stress over it.