Today we can return to Pennsylvania. We see another day the option of E Rendell run for senate against A Specter, today we will try see like can get another democratic candidate for this race.
Arlen Specter, with their health problems seems will run without republican challengers.
And until now, in democratic side, the race seems so stoped.
This is the list of possible candidates:
- Edward Gene Rendell: NY PA 1944 Governor of Pennsylvania 03- . Mayor of Philadelphia 92-99. Lost for Mayor of Philadelphia 87.
- Patrick Joseph Murphy: PA 1973 USHRep 07- .
- Thomas Timothy Holden: PA 1957 USHRep 93- .
- Chaka Fattah: PA 1956 USHRep 95- . Lost for Mayor of Philadelphia 07.
- Michael F Doyle: PA 1953 USHRep 95- .
- Jason Altmire: PA 1968 USHRep 07- .
- Robert A Brady: PA 1945 USHRep 98- . Lost for Mayor of Philadelphia 07.
- Christopher P Carney: IA PA 1959 USHRep 07- .
- Joseph A Sestak: PA 1951 USHRep 07- .
- Kathleen A Dahlkemper: PA 1957 USHRep 09- .
- Allyson Young Schwartz: NY PA 1948 USHRep 05- . Lost for Senate 00.
- Robert William Edgard: PA 1943 USHRep 75-87. Lost for Senate 86.
- Peter Houston Kostmayer: NY PA 1946 USHRep 77-81 83-93. Lost for House 80 and 92.
- William Herbert Gray III: LA PA 1941 USHRep 79-91.
- Donald Allen Bailey: PA 1945 USHRep 79-83. PA Auditor General 85-89. Lost for Senate 86. Lost for Governor 98. Lost for House 82. Lost for PA Auditor General 88 and 92.
- Robert Anthony Borski: PA 1948 USHRep 83-03.
- Ronald Klink: OH PA 1951 USHRep 93-01. Lost for Senate 00.
- Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky: PA 1942 USHRep 93-95. Lost for House 94. Lost for Lieutenant Governor of PA 98.
- Joseph M Hoeffel III: PA 1950 USHRep 99-05. Lost for Senate 04. Lost for House 84 86 and 96.
- Mark Stephen Singel: PA 1953 Acting Governor of Pennsylvania 93-93. Liuetenant Governor of PA 97-95. Lost for Senate 92. Lost for Governor 94.
- Jack Wagner: PA ? PA Auditor General 05- . Lost for Lieutenant Governor of PA 02.
- Robert McCord: PA ? PA State Treasurer 09- .
- Joseph M Torsella: PA 1963 Lost for House 04.
From this list only J Torsella is running (added to the list cause that). High level possible candidates who sound are P Murphy, A Schwartz and J Wagner.
Nexts days we will think in another interesting races for senate in more states. Like for PA or LA, with more of one option, if seems interesting.
In a 0-10 scale, like this:
--- 00,000 ---
--- 01,429 ---
--- 02,857 ---
--- 04,286 ---
--- 05,714 ---
--- 07,142 ---
--- 08,571 ---
--- 10,000 ---
HI-Sen: Incumbent D Inouye (D-1924) win in 2004 with 76%.
NY-Sen: Incumbent C Schumer (D-1950) win in 2004 with 71%.
VT-Sen: Incumbent P Leahy (D-1940) win in 2004 with 71%.
ND-Sen: Incumbent B Dorgan (D-1942) win in 2004 with 68%.
CT-Sen: Incumbent C Dodd (D- 1944) win in 2004 with 66%.
MD-Sen: Incumbent B Mikulski (D-1936) win in 2004 with 65%.
OR-Sen: Incumbent R Wyden (D-1949) win in 2004 with 63%.
IN-Sen: Incumbent E Bayh (D-1955) win in 2004 with 62%.
NV-Sen: Incumbent H Reid (D-1939) win in 2004 with 61%.
CA-Sen: Incumbent B Boxer (D-1940) win in 2004 with 58%.
AR-Sen: Incumbent B Lincoln (D-1960) win in 2004 with 56%.
WI-Sen: Incumbent R Feingold (D-1953) win in 2004 with 55%.
WA-Sen: Incumbent P Murray (D-1950) win in 2004 with 55%.
IL-Sen: Incumbent R Burris (D-1937). B Obama (D-1961) win in 2004 with 70%.
NY-Sen: Incumbent K Gillibrand (D-1966). H Clinton (D-1947) win in 2006 with 67%.
CO-Sen: Incumbent M Bennet (D-1964). K Salazar (D-1955) win in 2004 with 51%.
DE-Sen: Open seat. J Biden (D-1942) win in 2008 with 65%.
OH-Sen: Open seat. G Voinovich (R-1939) win in 2004 with 64%.
MO-Sen: Open seat. K Bond (R-1935) win in 2004 with 56%.
PA-Sen: A Specter (R-1930) vs E Rendell (D-1944) ? af 60 votes = 07,333 => Likely Democratic
KS-Sen: open R vs K Sebelius (D-1948) ? after 43 votes = 06,240 => Leans Democratic
KY-Sen: J Bunning (R-1931) vs ? after 33 votes = 05,606 => Toss-Up
LA-Sen: D Vitter (R-1961) vs J Breaux (D-1944) ? after 35 votes = 05,571 => Toss-Up
NH-Sen: J Sununu (R-1964) vs P Hodes (D-1951) ? after 09 votes = 05,556 => Toss-Up
2 PA-Sen: A Specter (R-1930) vs ? after 29 votes = 05,345 => Toss-Up
NC-Sen: R Burr (R-1955) vs ? after 38 votes = 05,307 => Toss-Up
2 LA-Sen: D Vitter (R-1961) vs M Landrieu (D-1960) ? after 39 votes = 05,000 => Toss-Up
OK-Sen: T Coburn (R-1948) vs B Henry (D-1963) ? after 55 votes = 03,727 => Leans Republican
FL-Sen *: C Crist (R-1956) vs B Graham (D-1936) ? af 22 votes = 03,561 => Leans Republican
IA-Sen: C Grassley (R-1933) vs C Culver (D-1966) ? aft 25 votes = 03,400 => Leans Republican
AZ-Sen: J McCain (R-1936) vs ? after 48 votes = 02,396 => Likely Republican
*: The diary for Florida is for gubernatorial race, but can be interesting include here the link to the poll because C Christ let open the door, and can run for senate in 2010.
And for see about other difficult races for democratics like:
AK-Sen: Incumbent L Murkovski (R-1957) win in 2004 with 49%.
SD-Sen: Incumbent J Thune (R-1961) win in 2004 with 51%.
ID-Sen: Incumbent M Crapo (R-1951) win in 2004 with 99%.
SC-Sen: Incumbent J DeMint (R-1951) win in 2004 with 54%.
AL-Sen: Incumbent R Shelby (R-1934) win in 2004 with 68%.
GA-Sen: Incumbent J Isakson (R-1944) win in 2004 with 58%.
UT-Sen: Incumbent R Bennett (R-1933) win in 2004 with 69%.
All the polls are open.
PS: This diary will be updated when the number of votes up, and when the serie of diaries about senate end.